DIY Rock Slick

Status
Not open for further replies.

hyperc

Well I did a rock last week with the family after the grout I used minwax poly and then mod podge...I put Rex on it today and lets just say it was like a slide, Should I sprinkle it with some sand and re spray it or take some sand paper to it?

zandi202

BD.org Addict
I was told in my question about DIY materials to mix sand in with the last layer of grout so it won't be slippery.

What I did was sprinkle some sand on the last two layers of mod podge/sealant. I sprayed, then added the sand so it would stick into the wet layer first, then coated it once more and sand once more. not only does this help with traction, but it looks less shiny after too.

hyperc

Original Poster
Okay, so far so good I mixed up some sand with the poly just got to recoat and dry :) Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HeathLizard
Top Bottom