DIY Plywood enclosure

Status
Not open for further replies.

primal

I thought I'd post up some pictures of the enclosure I built. It is a 4ft x 2ft x 2ft enclosure built using mid-grade plywood (i.e. not the cheap stuff) with red oak trim along the front. I placed a center support on the oak trim for two reasons: (1) to hide the overlapping glass doors, and (2) to provide support to allow me to put a leopard gecko terrarium on top.

The entire enclosure was finished using Minwax Polycrylic. The floor is self-adhesive tile (I would have liked to have used ceramic tile, but for weight reasons as well as lack of a tile saw I didn't).

The head lamp is a simple head lamp from Lowes meant for keeping chicks warm. I also have a 24" fluorescent light fixture for a UV light. The basking spot is an 18"x18" tile supported by patio bricks.

And here is the enclosure's inhabitant! In keeping with tradition in regards to naming my reptiles after Harry Potter characters, I think I'll call him Albus.

wente013

This is fantastic! I have a few questions:)
How much did the wood cost you? How did you cut it? How much did the whole project cost?
Thanks! And nice job!

primal

Original Poster
I don't even know how much it cost, to be honest. Haha! I would imagine under $250. The wood was probably around $100, I think. I cut everything on a table saw.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FalkorBeardie :3
Top Bottom