DIY Hutch Reno :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RubysMomma

Hatchling Member
Ok all so here is our New hutch Reno. It took my hubby about 6hrs start to finish he did it All himself there are before photos (of the unit I bought on Craigslist for $50.00) all together we didn't really spend anything as we got the tile from a friend of my hubby, we already had the background around our glass tank, and lighting from our tank she was in originally. Very hard to clean our 75g as it was 24" high and I'm 5'2" tall and so it made cleaning Really hard! So we decide to go to a sliding glass front. Hope you all enjoy the pics :) I'm super proud of my hubby for doing this!!

So here's what we did we took the original cabinet and removed the shelf from inside my hubby them cut the shelf down the center length wise then cut the think piece in 1/2 width wise and he drilled small holes and put pegs in and wood glue to hold the new pieces on (the cabinet was originally 47"L X 16"W X 24"H) so with the new pieces attached the dimensions are 47"L X 19"W X 24"H we left the top at the back open for air circulation he then cut a hole in both side to slide the UV strip in and cut a hole in the top and bolted the heat lamp to the top. We then sat the tile in (some needed to be trimmed) we decided not to grout so I could remove soiled tiles and wash under etc. we staples the back ground in (so we can change it if we like). Hope that helps if u have any questions let me know :)

dc79945f.jpg

40a1389e.jpg

4166519e.jpg

51e95495.jpg

29d41201.jpg

RubysMomma

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Oh I also put a strip of background across the front glass doors as we hav a jack russel that enjoys Starring at Ruby ALL day long and with the strip it helps deter her from watching Ruby as she can't really see inside this way and helps make Ruby feel safe coming down to eat :)

RubysMomma

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thanks :D I LOVE it soooooo much better then having to reach in to the bottom of a glass tank!!

RubysMomma

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Hehe may be a bit expensive for shipping lol! If u want more detailed instructions for the how to's I can give em to ya :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
New & NoClue
Top Bottom