DIY Feeders

Status
Not open for further replies.

lynchy217

Hey guys, I have recently started a dubia colony...and just got my first batch of free roaches a week or so ago! This is great, since I don't really have a good reliable income right now (finding a decent job while taking classes seems to be a harder task than i expected). I am also about to start a silkworm colony (I did this before, and it was fairly simple, hopefully it works as well this time), but I would like to have a good variety. I was wondering if anyone here knows of any other good feeders that can be easily bred at home. In searching, ive seen a lot about meal worm breeding, but i barely consider mealworms as a feeder given their composition. I was going to try supers, but i am not a fan of their chitin content (my dragon is about half a year old maybe ill give supers a shot when she gets a little older). id be interested in butters, but I cant really find much info on them. And repti/phoenix/calciworms would be great if they didnt have to be soldier flies. what do you guys think? also, are there any good breedable feeders that are pretty high in calcium?

Gail

BD.org Addict
Butters can't be breed, they are imported from a different country and they are irradiated to make them sterile. soldier flies aren't naturally high in calcium, you have to feed them a specific diet.
Silkies are about the only feeder higher in calcium you can breed yourself.

Mt3

If you start breeding superworms now, you should have a pretty good size colony established by the time she is the proper size. They are great feeders served as a staple or as an occasional treat.

But honestly, with a constant supply of both dubia and silkworms, your dragon is going to be pretty happy (and healthy).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hseith
Top Bottom