DIY Fecals for Dummies?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rachella

Juvie Member
Howdy all!

Okay. So, I'm willing to bet a non-existent nickel that this thread/subject has been made before, in which case I preemptively apologize for the repetition. I do know there is a thread similar to this that is current, but I thought I'd post my own up as a separate entity.

For the dilly dally, I'm wondering what all is required to do your own fecals at home?

I have in my list:

Microscope that is capable of x400 (is x100 accurate enough?)
Fecasol
Saline Solution
Timer
Slides+Cover Slips
Test-tube
Parasite References

Is this all? Am I missing anything? Also, if anyone has any online websites to visit for a sort of 'Fecal Testing for Dummies' lesson would be greatly appreciated. All I know is to put things under the microscope and look for anything suspicious, which doesn't really qualify me to be doing much if any fecal testing atm. :oops:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smallfry_Zoey
Top Bottom