DIY Baby/Juvie Leash under $5.00

Status
Not open for further replies.

NatashaDawn

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Awesome I am so glad it is working out for you... you should definitely post a picture!!! I would love to see how you did it and how it looks on your beardie :) :) Mine is already needing to be upgraded... darn beardie keeps growing ;) lol

kargh

Nice!

The problem I've had with these type of harnesses is that my beardie likes to really pull against any sort of leash and it causes the front of the leg loops to pull over the legs and pin them to the side of her body. Which then means she ends up hopping around if I don't notice it right away.

NatashaDawn

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I have never encountered that one lol. Did you use the slick back type of cloth? It makes it sturdier. It does still frail at the edges though... I think I will burn the edges on my next one to melt the slickness and hopefully keep it from slowly frailing at the edges. :?: :?:

icelore

Juvie Member
This is awesome! Definitely going to do this.

I love how he looks so much bigger till you compare him to the clamp, then he's tiiiiiny. :lol:

NatashaDawn

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Oh I know right.... lol He grew fast though haha I am about to be making a new one for my adult rescue I got today.

dragonscales

Hatchling Member
Here is my first attempt at making a leash.
This photo is of Ember getting test fitted for her new harness

It took me a long time to find the Cord Locks for her leash. One reason is because I did not know what the “springy things” were called. I first found a set of 2 at Ben Franklin Crafts in the fabric dept. for $1.99 :shock:
I searched both the fabric and crafts sections at WalMart with no luck. So I went to the sporting goods sections since the bags for those folding chairs have cord locks on them. I was surprised that I found them and they come 4 to a box the price said they were only $0.58 for the box. So I price check them and The Price is Right. :D
Too bad I already opened the other ones. :banghead:

NatashaDawn

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Awesome... its looking good..and yeah I didnt know what they where called ither and I threw out the label before thinking about making a post about it. lol I cant wait to see the steps and finished product :)

JangoMom

Sub-Adult Member
great job! I just made Jango a bigger one because his other one (that I bought) last year was too small for him. But didn't spend anything.. we had the fabric already and I just used the string and cord stopper from his old one.. basically the same idea as yours.. I used his old one as a pattern..

harness I made:

Jango modeling it..

NatashaDawn

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
That looks awesome :) I will probably put the silver rings in my next one to prevent ripping or tearing.

dragonscales

Hatchling Member
I still need to make it a little smaller because there is too much fabric that bunches up in the back and I made the arm holes a bit too big. She does not like be putting it on here she is so strong and squirmy. I have a hard time putting the harness on her when I try and put her second arm in the pulls the first one out and it go on like that for a while because I keep laughing at her :laughhard: Then trying to tighten it up before she runs out of it is not easy. I am going to put the metal eyelets in where the leash attaches to as well and somehow finish the other edges so they will not fray.

Here is a photo of her harness in the sun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
milosmom
Top Bottom