disinfecting slate tiles

Status
Not open for further replies.

J0ker

i just picked up some slate from lowes :blob8: and was wondering the best way to disinfect it before using it in jokers cage being the parinoid :oops: mommy i want to make sure it is super clean before using it :D

ive heard of baking it like ive done my logs (200 degrees for 1-2 hours)
but im not sure if slate needs the same temp, same time or if hot water will do the trick

nair88

Gray-bearded Member
i soaked mine in hot water for a while and then scrubbed them and baked them after that. that seemed to work very well. just be careful when handling them after being baked. they hold the heat for a long time.

BlueDevil

Hatchling Member
I bought my slate tile from Home Depot and soaked them in a bleach/water solution for about 12 hours and then I rinsed off well and let soak in plain water for another 12 hours with several water changes in between (honestly can't remember?). Most importantly if you use bleach make sure the tiles aren't still emitting a bleach smell before putting them in with your beardie. If so keep rinsing and/or air dry for however long it takes for the fumes to disperse. I didn't bake mine in the oven.

J0ker

Original Poster
i rinsed them in hot water then baked them at 300 for an hr then rinsed them again
although i found out that i should have waited for some of my tiles to completly dry before baking cuz some of them cracked but i got extra so i still had plenty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hseith
Top Bottom