Discolored Tail

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey there. So my beardie is close to a year old now and he has beautiful colors. He's yellow, orange, red, and white. Like a little adorable kaleidoscope! :love10: :love10: BUT his tail is quite dark. It has been this dark for as long as I can remember. He was retaining a bit of shed :banghead: but I was able to get that off with a good soak. Is it normal for a tail to be this dark when he has such a beautiful bright body. If a picture is needed I can attach one. :?:

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hi, posting a couple of pictures of his tail could be helpful to us.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
That looks quite normal. A lot of them have a tail that darkens like that. Nothing to worry about.

NachoBeardie

Original Poster
CooperDragon":1d2atteu said:
That looks quite normal. A lot of them have a tail that darkens like that. Nothing to worry about.

thank you for responding. I was a bit worried. didn't want it to be stages of tail rot or anything. I am currently trying to fatten him up a bit. He eats so many crickets and greens. I'm introducing dubias into his diet a little bit and he loves them. hopefully that helps a bit. I may switch over from crickets to some worms also. :D He's going to be one happy little fella :)

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I agree that the tail looks normal and that a lot of beardies darken their tails like that. Good luck with fattening him up some more. Seems like he eats well already.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss_michelle421
Top Bottom