Discoloration on Belly. Something to be worried about???

Status
Not open for further replies.

mmaddox

110500-2778625083.jpg
Hello-

My daughter is concerned about her dragon. He is 14 months hold. Just recently came out of brumation of about 6 weeks. He looks and acts fine. Pooping and eating. His legs shed a few weeks ago. She noticed an area of discoloration on his belly a few weeks ago, that has not really changed. She is worried about him or worries that she did something. I'm thinking its just an area that's going to shed. I have to admit, getting use to a dragon and their behaviors/health is something new. My one concern was a yellow fungus. Only because I know to look forward it, but don't know exactly what I'm looking for.

Thanks in advance for the insight and helping her feel better about Ash. She really loves the little guy.
-Mark

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hi Mark,

Nothing to worry about there! Very common spot for some shed to get stuck. It looks worse because it's on the belly and tends to stain/get dirty. Don't worry about it and don't try pulling it off, it will come off when it's ready :)

-Brandon

mmaddox

Original Poster
Thanks Brandon.

I know she will worry a lot less now. Appreciate the quick response.

-mark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kiricowell
Top Bottom