Dino's YF... Rest Easy my Lil' Friend :'(

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpitFyre

Sub-Adult Member
Wow. Just read the whole thread- you've done such a great job with Dino! When her scabs came off, I thought,"Wow! She looks like a new dragon!" There are people who would have given up a long time ago, but it paid off! She's well down the road to recovery- like at a truck stop about halfway through :D .I really hope this new vet can get her treated. Good luck!!!

SpikesAgirl

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Spitfyre-Wow, you read the whole thread??? That's a lot of reading!! I appreaciate your looking in on us and thanks for the words of encouragement! Here we are, almost July, and we've still got issues. Not half as bad as they were in the beginning, but still having issues. I hope this thread can give someone else hope to not give up on a sick dragon. I almost did a couple times, glad I didn't though. Dino's a little sweetie! :love5: Cost has been an issue a couple times, but I'm lucky enough that I've been able to take her to the vet...repeatedly. I hope the new vet is able to get us completely healthy. We'll see I guess. *Fingers Crossed* :wink: Thanks for chiming in!

SpitFyre

Sub-Adult Member
It was well worth the time to read the thread. Just look at her- She's SO much healthier now that the "crud armor" and her scabs are off:)
Crossing my fingers for the vet too! :blob8:

SpikesAgirl

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Hi Diane, I will get some new pics up as soon as I can, she's got another sore on her knee and yesterday I noticed another starting on the inside of her wrist. The areas where the scabs came off her face are all gray in color. I think it's partly because the SSD cream keeps it moist but I also think it's not really healing. Calling the new vet tomorrow (Monday) to see if we can start a treatment without the tests being done first. :( Don't think we should wait until I can get the funds saved up for the tests now with 2 new spots. :roll: I was told if the tests came back positive for fungus throughout her system, the treatment would be intraconazole. I'm afraid of that stuff after my last experience with it. :| She said it would be given to her in a "funky manner". I'm thinking it's cycling her on/off on/off it. Will keep ya's posted. :?

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello Sue,

Definitely post more pics!
You are doing a great job with her, bless her.
The oral anti-fungal can be cycled to where it is not too bad on the system, used with probiotics, as well. That may be the only way to completely get rid of it though.

If she is still having respiratory issues, have you considered doing nebulizer treatments on her?
How is her appetite doing?
Keep us posted on her.

Tracie

SpikesAgirl

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Thanks Tracie! She doesn't appear to have any respiratory issues at the moment, although sometimes I think she's breathing heavy. Could just be me being paranoid too. Her appetite is great. She still eats twice a day. She's up over 300 grams now, she was 180 when I started this thread! :shock: Lil' fattie! I haven't given her a wax worm in months either! I'm sure her lack of activity contributes to her weight gain. She's still in that stupid little tank. I still give her probiotics a couple times a week. I'm afraid that is the only way we are going to get rid of it completely, is putting her back on that med. :roll: At least now I've seen her on it and can catch a problem before it becomes CRITICAL! But still, worried about doing it. At least this vet has experience with fungus and that med so, hopefully all will go well. I will get pics up asap!

dragonlover3

Sub-Adult Member
Wow Sue,
Over 300 gms now, that's almost double her weight! That's wonderful :blob5: and considering she was sick thru this you are amazing. Dino found her right home when she got to be your dragon. You are awesome for all you do for her and I bet she's thinkin' the same thing! :love5:
HUGS TO YOU AND DINO!
Amanda

cdajen

I just want to offer additional Kudos to you. Probably in most cases, Dino would not have made it. You've really gone above and beyond for your little one, and I hope you know that makes you very special. You should have a great deal of good karma built up. It's difficult to not get lost in misery when caring for a sick animal long term.

I once had a terribly virulent strain of ringworm that came from a rescued kitten. In the end, myself and my boyfriend, our 3 dogs and three cats all were covered in lesions that had to be treated topically and orally 3 times a day with Griseofulvin (about 400 dollars for a month). I had to rip out all my carpet, throw away furniture, beach all surfaces in my home. It was very long 3 months.

TASTIGER

Extreme Poster
does your vet offer some kind of program that lets take out a loan so you can make payments? i know here its called care credit this might be the best option that way you can get the tests done asap.

SpitFyre

Sub-Adult Member
Do you have an update on Dino for us? :D Hope she's still doing well.
Have you seen the vet?
If so, is she good?
By the way- is it pronounced "DEE-no" or "DIE-no"?

Fellowdt23

Hatchling Member
Hi,

Hows your dragon doing? I was at the vet today and he Said that he thinks my beardie is now passed the worst but that there is always a chance he will get a relapse fingers crossed he doesnt! He said to me that the first sign of recovery is weight gain which i suppose is good news to you aswell, he went on to say a seriously sick beardie wont gain an ounce!
My vet also said that once a beardie has had respirotary problem not one drop of water should go near his enclosure everything sprayed outside his tank and only moisture he should get is from bath out his tank or from salad he said thats very important as relapses are commen under wrong conditions he also gave me some more F10 and said nebulise him when ever i want once a week or once a month or what ever just to kill anything hidding inside him!

When you getting treatment? So glad vet cancelled tracheal wash after he explained it i was worrying for my we guy!

wilddanny88

Juvie Member
Dino does look a WHOLE LOT better if you look at the first pic of her and the last one. Congrats on the breakthrough!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dobby2012
Top Bottom