Dino's YF... Rest Easy my Lil' Friend :'(

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpikesAgirl

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Vet called! She's out and she did fine. Gotta pick her up around 4pm. I have to bring her back in 2 weeks to have the stitches removed. Forgot to tell you guys, last night after I gave her the betadine bath and was putting the SSD cream on all her "spots", the one on her left shoulder (where their normal shoulder dark spot is), the crust/scab is starting to slough off. Looks like her face did after those scabs came off, all pink and raw underneath. It started to lift when I rolled the Q-tip under it. :( Doc used the back knee to take the samples from. She's giving me a "surgical scrub" to use on the suture and to put on her mouth area. Says to continue with the SSD cream until the results come back. She's pretty sure it systemic where it's spreading. :roll: We will know how and what to treat it with once we get the results. Sooooo we wait. :? I hate waiting. :banghead: Oh, total for today: $569.00 in case you're wondering. :puke: I pray that none of you ever have to go through this....

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hi Sue, thinking about you and Dino. Great that she did fine and you get to pick her up this afternoon. Hopefully the results will come back very soon so that the correct treatment can be started. You have both been through SO much, you've been awesome and she is a great fighter.

Sorry to hear about your account being hacked, that is just terrible! Hope this person/people can be caught. :angry5:

dragonlover3

Sub-Adult Member
Sue,
Sorry about your debit card getting hacked! Hoping it will all be resolved soon. I'm on pins and needles waiting with you and everything I have is still crossed :D .....Holding Dino in my heart surrounded by bright healing light.:love5:
Hugs
Amanda

SpikesAgirl

Juvie Member
Original Poster
:love5: Thanks Amanda and Diane!! She needs all the help, hope, prayers and wishes she can get to get healthy again!

SpikesAgirl

Juvie Member
Original Poster
So one of the vet techs clearly loves beardies, she squealed with excitement when she was asked to go get Dino for me! :laughing6: I asked her if she liked lizards and she said, "THAT'S an understatement!" Cutie! They've obviously had them in that office before but maybe not many?? Dunno, she was freakin' adorable though! So my lil girl has a couple stitches on her knee where the sore used to be. Whole thing's cut off. She sent the "damaged scales" off to the lab too. I call it the scab or the crust. :| I felt bad cuz she hadn't eaten all day so I took her on a fieldtrip to PetSmart and got some supers. Took her out to the truck and she only ate 3, not very big ones. She musta been feely icky. Poor lil thing. Brought her home, opened her carrier and she walked over to me...awwww! :love5: Das' my girl! She hung around the top of her papertowel tube and was gaping a lot. She seemed alert and perky but not interested in any food. Put a cricket in there, he walked right past her nose, she looked at it and turned back to gaping. Took it out and let her be. Got some pics for ya's... sloughed off shoulder included. :roll:

"Hi Mom, will you hold me??"
DSCN1248.jpg

Sutures
DSCN1256.jpg

New raw spot :(
DSCN1259.jpg

Happy to be home, gaping. Looks pretty yucky though.
DSCN1254.jpg

dragonlover3

Sub-Adult Member
Awww Sue,
I know your glad to have Dino back home. :blob5: I think it's wonderful such a caring vet tech was there with her today. I'm sure Dino was happy she was there too! :) I bet she does feel a bit yucky but obviously happy to be home, showing you by walking right over to you from the carrier, and some people say they are non-communicative. They obviously don't know our dragons! I believe in the healing energy of the human touch and the very real healing energy in love, Dino's in your great care and she totally know you love her! :love5: :love5: :love5: :love5: :love5: :love5: :love5: :love5:
Hugs and Surrounding You Both in Bright Healing Light in My Heart!
Amanda

SpikesAgirl

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Thanks ladies! She was SO cute when she came walking over to me! :love5: She must be feeling a little sore cuz she didn't come running for her breakfast this a.m. Poor little poopie. :( I'll ask my son if she ate when he calls me when he wakes up.

munchkins9802

Gray-bearded Member
She looks SOOO much better than she did in the beginning of this thread. You are an awesome beardie mama! And aren't their personalities (yes beardies DO HAVE personalities) just the best?
She may not eat much at first do to her visit and sutures but if she eats only a few that is better than nothing at all. Drip baby food on her nose if she doesnt eat for you to get some food into her.

jewl495

Juvie Member
Aw I love that pic of her gaping/smiling, she is obviously happy to be home.I'm glad the visit went well and she is nice and comfy at home! How does the vet determine if the fungus is systemic? I assume that that most fungal infections are.

SpikesAgirl

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Hi Munch, she does have the sweetest little personality. :love5: She's funny when I'm torturing her with creams, she tries to run TO ME and scramble up on my shirt like "SAAAAVE MEEEE"! Don't think she realizes I'M the one who's doing that to her! Hopefully she'll turn right around and I won't have to do the syringe thing with her mouth all yucky like that! :(
Hi Jewls, I think you missed my post about my conversation with the new vet at our first visit while you were on "hiatus". So here ya go: To find out if it's systemic, a tissue sample (biopsy) is taken and sent out for examination to a lab that makes diagnosis using histopathology, )kinda like when they're looking for cancers): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Histopathology She is also sending out another tissue sample to see if there is bacterial growth or fungal growth. If it's bacterial, it usually will grow within a week, if it's fungal, that growth could take up to a month or more. She sent a sample of the surface scales that are damaged too. So 3 samples were taken and sent out.

jewl495

Juvie Member
SMH Sue how old are your kids? They are so good for that aren't they? :roll: My kids range from 9-16....sometimes they are really good about the animals and other times not.

I did read about the tissue sample but I guess I wanted to know if the sample was taken from internal tissue or external? I just don't understand how external tissue could tell that's it's systemic....I find that so intriguing!

SpikesAgirl

Juvie Member
Original Poster
My DUMMY kids are 17 year old girl and 12.5 year old boy. Daughter is never really interested in Dino, my son however....you would THINK he would go check on her, she's supposed to be HIS! :angry5: Yeah, well we all know how that goes...Dino is MINE. There was an incision made to get the sample, so I guess you would call that "internal". She also sent the surface scales. So both.
*edit* was rushing out of the office-my daughter sent me a picture of her food dish, she ate her breakfast at some point so, YAY! :blob5:

jewl495

Juvie Member
Yay I guess she didn't get to stressed! :blob5: :blob5: Now hopefully she will recovery from this whole ordeal and be fungus free!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cheekypotato
Top Bottom