Different Colours on Head!!! Serious???

Status
Not open for further replies.

AmyUK

Hatchling Member
Hi all

I was wondering if you could help me, I have beardie who is nearly 4months old (I think) and I have had him (I think) just over a month, he has already shed once and has become a lot brighter, which I know is good, and normal

The thing is the last couple of days, half his head has gone a different colour, a lot darker and more like the colour he was before he shed!

I don't know if it is anything to worry about or not, I was thinking that he may be beginning to shed again and that the different colour is the his dead skin that is nearly ready to come off! I didn't really notice it to be a different colour before he shed before but he was a lot darker then so I don't think I would have noticed!

I am just wondering if anyone knows if this is normal (and if I am right with the shedding idea?) He seems fine in every other aspect, i.e. eating, sleeping and general behaviour!

Just wondering if you could help me, I am worried about him but don't want to have to take him to the vets if it is something simple and I am worrying over nothing??

I look forward to your responses and hopefully some help :D

Thanks

:blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8:

GoFast

Gray-bearded Member
sounds like he is getting ready to shed. They typically shed in sections rather than an entire body shed.

AmyUK

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
That's great, thanks guys

I was pretty sure it was a shed, but I wasn't 100% sure and didn't want him to have anything wrong with him!

Least I will know for next time, hope he hurries up and gets rid of the old skin, I want to see if he is going to be even brighter again!!

:blob5: :blob8:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss_michelle421
Top Bottom