Diet question

Status
Not open for further replies.

kazaa117

Hey all!

Just a quick question concerning my bearded dragons diet, she use to eat hoppers but have currently gone off them and seems to only eat worms (any before you ask)
Gonna go pick up a selection of veg and fruit tmoz to try and see if she will eat anything along those lines again, but its mainly worms!

Been told Chetting shells on some worms (apologies for spelling there) can sometimes not digest properly but I see people feed them worms all the time..

feel free to ask any questions
and cheers in advance

Rankins

Gray-bearded Member
How big is the dragon?
Are you referring to hopper mice? Not the healthiest choice for daily feedings. Too much purines can cause gout.
Superworm and mealworms should only be given for treats. The exoskeletons are hard to digest and are too fatty. It can lead to a fatty liver...
I feed mine mainly veggies and roaches.

kazaa117

Original Poster
Appreciate the reply!
Locust hoppers is what she usually eats and she is about adult size, a year and a half old ish!
Would try roaches/crickets but I never have luck on keeping them in the enclosure!
Shall try veg and fruit like I said
and I understand that the worms are fatty!

What other things is there to feed them apart from pinkie mice as I may also try that option too

Rankins

Gray-bearded Member
Thanks for clarification on what hoppers are. I feed my young Heloderma hopper mice, so was a bit confused.
The trick with keeping roaches in the bin is to buy a nonclimbing species. You can also put the slick packing tape around the inner top area of the bin, they can't climb it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixxie
Top Bottom