Dieing Beardie

Status
Not open for further replies.

usnavygm07

Original Poster
He has been fighting the feedings the last couple days which is something he hasnt done before. Although when I put him in the sun he livened up and by that I mean kept his eyes open. Today after feeding and under the intense basking spot he has been keeping his eyes open,gaping so hes nice and warm, and his colors went from dull to healthy looking, kinda odd. Still no moving around cage, bowel movements are on an every other day basis. Other then that Henry is still hanging in there.

Menolly07

Juvie Member
Maybe try feeding him in the sun, or right after the sun? Also, when my Odahviing was on Panacur way back it made her terribly ill. I'd hold her on a heating pad when I fed her. Just another thought I had on something to try.

Esther19

BD.org Addict
It's good to hear from you. Good that he's opening his eyes a bit. He might show some improvement with the summer sunshine. Are you giving him any probiotic? It restores the beneficial gut flora to aid good digestive health. (I sound like a commercial)

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
But it's true, I use a liquid called Acidophiluz and it's wonderful stuff. My 9 mo old had to take Baytril for parasites and didn't eat for a week, but he's now eating like a champ again, while he wasn't eating as much I was feeding him babyfood and Carnivore Care and always gave him the probiotic a couple of hours after the med. I think it helped his digestive system a lot.

usnavygm07

Original Poster
I hate to break the news but unfortunately Henry has passed away. It was a long fight which didnt end the way I wanted. Im beside myself and pretty heart broken. Thanks to all those who provided words of help and encouragement. I wish I had rescued him sooner, people need to learn the right way to care for these magnificent animals.

Esther19

BD.org Addict
I am so sorry for your loss, my friend. You did the very best you could for Henry. I know he appreciated everything you did to save him, and love you gave him before it was time for him to go. His poor little body just wasn't strong enough. I'm sending big hugs your way.

Menolly07

Juvie Member
You fought really hard for Henry. Henry also fought really hard for himself. You seeked help where you could and tried everything possible, obviously grappling with what was right versus wrong for your little fighter the whole way.

The ethics of fighting versus letting go become so murky, and I know you had a truly difficult time with the clarity. I believe, in the end, from what you've written here, that if Henry could he would tell you it was crystal clear from his side that your intentions were good and gave him strength.

Please remember that when we lose a treasured companion that their memory becomes a treasure all its own. I believe I'll think a lot of you and Henry in the days to come, with light.

Cherie

I am so sorry for your loss. I truly believe that Henry loved you and knew you loved him. I also believe that he knew you were doing everything in your power to help him. I feel terrible and trying not to cry. Sending more hugs and prayers your way.

Bwalter

Sub-Adult Member
I am so sorry you lost your friend. to many little ones have been taken lately. i found this poem I have posted for other people who have lost their beardies lately so I thought I would share with you. You did everything you could do for him and I am sure he loved you right til the end for trying your best.

The Rainbow Bridge Poem

Just this side of heaven is a place called the Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to the Rainbow Bridge.

There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again.

The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head. You look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together…
Author Unknown

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
I'm so sorry to hear about Henry and I'm glad Bwalter sent you the poem about Rainbow Bridge, I have 5 beardies there and miss them to this day. I've always believed that when we love a dragon and they pass, they get to Rainbow Bridge, healthy and lively and full of fun and have lots of other dragons to play with. It's always lightened my heard to believe that.

You did all you could for Henry and I also believe what you say about people who just don't care. I've always wondered why they got beardies to begin with and I'm sorry you didn't get him earlier, either. At least he knew he was loved until the end and you loved him back.

RIP Henry, sweet boy.

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
I'm sorry he died. I know how much it hurts. Like Deb, my husband and I have 5 beardies that have left this earth, and us. We miss them to this day. There are a lot of things about them we remember and thank God for us having them. We do realize that if we still had them we wouldn't have the ones we now have.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I am so sorry to hear about Henry. :cry: He sounded like such a sweet boy. I know you tried & he appreciated all that you did for him.
It is very stressful when you lose one especially when you have had them for quite awhile. I am sorry for your loss.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixxie
Top Bottom