did i soil her

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok when I first got kahleesi she ate amazing pooped everyday ate all her salad but I wasn't working now she is at least 6months and has now decided in the morning I will get down and eat but at supper time she will eat but only if I give them to her I have even gone as far as to take her of her hammock and try to get her to hunt but she just waites for them to come to her and also she now poops every three days I let her go till mid afternoon day two then I give her a bath and she poops the next day is this just something they do as they get older or has she somehow become spoild with a lot of my help and pooping habits not going to lie if she wont hunt I feed her cause I don't want her to go hungry I also took her salad away a couple of days so she would be hungry cause she really loves her salad I'm just concerned cause she was doing so awesome with everything and now shes changed it up temps and everything are by the book the only thing that has changed is her eating habits and pooping is this normal or should I be worried

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It's common for them to slow down as they grow older. They use less energy to hunt and won't need to eat quite so much so if you present food they'll take it but if they get hungry enough they'll go after it on their own. Just keep offering food and let her take what she wants. If her weight is stable then she's probably fine. The pooping will fluctuate too but eventually she may hit a routine. If you take her out at around the same time every day and put her in a place that's easy to clean, perhaps with a portable basking light, until she poops she may develop a good routine that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kiricowell
Top Bottom