Did I overfeed my beardie?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SRT12141992

Hatchling Member
He hasn't eaten anything except a few freeze-dried crix/veggies daily for the last 4 days because I ran out of worms. Just got in an order of 1,000 large reptiworms today. Used to feed him about 10-15 medium reptiworms a day, but he seems to small for his age so I'm feeding him more. I'm planning to feed him 40 a day, but ended up feeding him all 40-45 at once because he was so hungry from not eating much in the last few days. Like 5 minutes later I gave him a salad with shredded up carrots (he loved the carrots!!) that i had drenched in water with a spray bottle.

Was it bad to give him that much at one time? Will he be okay? I was planning to give 20 in the morning, 20 at night normally.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
How old is your dragon?

Babies should be offered live food 2-3 times per day, and AS MUCH as they can eat in a 10-15 minute time span. Along with daily salad.

This can easily = over 50 reptiworms a day.

-Brandon

SRT12141992

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
claudiusx":1y5n4332 said:
How old is your dragon?

Babies should be offered live food 2-3 times per day, and AS MUCH as they can eat in a 10-15 minute time span. Along with daily salad.

This can easily = over 50 reptiworms a day.

-Brandon
I got him in May of last year at Petsmart, he was about 4 inches when I first got him, I just measured him and hes over a foot long now! I didn't know he was that long he must have just had a growth spurt last time I had measured he was around 9in.

Cowabunga

Hatchling Member
He should be fine.

Make sure you go light on the carrots since they carry high levels of Vit. A however..

cr1chard

Cowabunga":x15k4qri said:
He should be fine.

Make sure you go light on the carrots since they carry high levels of Vit. A however..

I remember reading somewhere that Beardies are attracted to orange foods(and therefore more apt to eat their salad) - sweet potatoes are a better alternative though

SRT12141992

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
cr1chard":bhidpk49 said:
Cowabunga":bhidpk49 said:
He should be fine.

I remember reading somewhere that Beardies are attracted to orange foods(and therefore more apt to eat their salad) - sweet potatoes are a better alternative though
He'll eat all of his salads with no problem with or without the carrots, I just thought i'd try them and he lovved them, but I'll use them only occasionally. And I think it was the orange he was atracted to 'cuz he picked them out of the salad and then ate the lettuce

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
milosmom
Top Bottom