did I mess up his viv?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tried to make his viv, and put a hole in the roof for the light, but I think it's way to high for him. Right now I have a little table and a makeshift wooden bridge for his basking spot! What can I do?

Should I just do a whole-new viv?

bL5KzZb.jpg

e5DZ8hS.jpg

xqCtbMS.jpg

Zv7TUb1.jpg

Thanks

UltimateShelly

Original Poster
On the makeshift basking spot it's around 90 or so. But it's not very convenient for him, having to climb so far and be so close to the light.

Same with the UV, it's up really high on the roof. Is there any way I can make them drop lower with it still being secure?

dom02

You could get a different light fixture that you can mount inside. that will bring it closer to him. Then for the hole you made, you could maybe use that for a ceramic heat emitter. Turn that area into like a "warm" area instead of a basking spot.

I think that'll encourage him to move around more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stump5150!
Top Bottom