Did a belly flop...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nikki05

so I was holding swamp fire, getting ready to hand him to my husband (who was seated thank heavens!) and swamp fire decided to make a break for it.

As I was leaning down he leaped off my hand onto the floor and ran underneath the couch!! Thankfully we caught him (With me so stressed my legs felt like jello!) We caught him checked to make sure he was breathing and gently put him in his cage. He was vary dark at first and didn't really move a whole lot (he was still breathing and alert though)

He should be ok right? This happened before his dinnertime feeding and he did eat a few crickets maybe 2? and he did poop a whole lot, he's still Very alert.

TheWerewolf

Gray-bearded Member
Did he land on carpet? My Nim has done four belly flops all on carpet and is perfectly fine. Just a little stunned after the belly flop. Plus my Nim has only jumped from two feet at the most. Now Nim either climbs down or lands on his feet. Hope this helps! :D

Nikki05

Original Poster
Yes he landed on carpet! he's acting fine this morning Maybe a little grumpy but he's been eating his salad and a few crickets. He is actually gabbling away at his acorn squash (first time he's been fed acorn squash!)

TheWerewolf

Gray-bearded Member
Then I'm guessing he is fine. Constant black beard is a sign of discomfort but if he doesn't have that then he is perfectly fine. I tried two different squashes for my Nim. He didn't like either. LOL, that's my picky Nim. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kiricowell
Top Bottom