diarrhea :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
So basically my beardie had a not so great experience while pooping this morning, and now he's giving me this sad look. I've noticed he is not really pooping that much and was thinking that was the cause. Is there anything I can do to help this not happen again? maybe feed him foods with more fiber?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
So basically my beardie had a not so great experience while pooping this morning, and now he's giving me this sad look. I've noticed he is not really pooping that much and was thinking that was the cause. Is there anything I can do to help this not happen again? maybe feed him foods with more fiber?
What are you feeding? Loose stools can be caused by many things so it would need to be narrowed down to find the cause- incorrect basking temps you want surface basking temps taken w/ a digital probe thermometer and a good UVB long tube fixture please - and diet --- possible parasites - are the stools so stinky they chase you out of the room?

DragonKeeper4787

Original Poster
the stools smell like an animal exhibit in a zoo, and i feed him mealworms, sometimes crickets, blue berries, lettuce, and sometimes something else like a banana. his basking temps are the same as they have always been. What foods could stop diarrhea? or help him poop more?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
the stools smell like an animal exhibit in a zoo, and i feed him mealworms, sometimes crickets, blue berries, lettuce, and sometimes something else like a banana. his basking temps are the same as they have always been. What foods could stop diarrhea? or help him poop more?
canned pumpkin plain is good for constipation - please look at this website for nutrition - please feed no more lettuce it contains a lot of water and has no nutritional value if your feeding ice berg lettuce romaine is good that may be what is causing the runny stools blue berries are real high in sugar and should be fed in moderation and banana once in awhile - your dragon needs greens ignore the kale thing its a good staple feeder Nutrition Content
what are your basking temps and what kind of UVB are you using? These things are the most important things in your tank and control the overall health along w/ behavior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Critter Guy
Top Bottom