Diarrhea??

Status
Not open for further replies.

dooshie

My little man has had diarrhea pretty much since we got him. I don't know why he would be pooing like that because all he eats is like dubia's, occasionally crickets (he hasn't been a fan, lately) and like romaine, dandelion & collards. It only smells bad when you leave it in the tank for a long time. Then it stinks like nobody's business. Other than that, it's not that bad. It's poop, I expect it to smell. But anyways, it's REALLY REALLY runny. Im not talking like there's a solid piece and just water all around it. I mean like there's NO solid piece, it's just brown fluid and a little bit of white. Should I take him to the vet for a fecal?? Thanks.

"also e poops like 3-4 times a day"

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It does sound like he has parasites so getting a fecal done right away is a good idea. I also suggest not feeding anymore romaine as that contains a lot of water which can also make the poop runny. In the meantime, make sure to keep him very well hydrated by giving frequent warm baths and offering diluted Pedialyte by mouth with a plastic medicine dropper. Put drops on his nose for him to lick off. Keep us updated on him.

dooshie

Original Poster
They are both going to the doctor on friday and they're both getting a check up. It's gonna cost me an arm and a leg but it's worth it, right. So whaddya gonna do? I'll keep u posted.

beardie1434

Juvie Member
diamc":4f3a7 said:
I also suggest not feeding anymore romaine as that contains a lot of water which can also make the poop runny.

I agree no more romaine or any other lettuce my Aunt used to feed lettuce mostly romaine and her beardies and they always had runny stools. Hers did have some consistency though. It does sound like a combo of parasites and lettuce. I would ask another member, with knowledge on this subject about possibly adding some starchy food along with the extra hydration. I personally have been fortunate to not encountered parasites, yet. So don't try unless one of our more experinced members says to. Good luck!

Is your little girl showing signs too?

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Just wondering how your little one was doing?
I wanted to ask if you were feeding any fruits at all? They are high in sugar so if you are, try to limit them to only a few times per week as sugar can cause diarrhea.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J.sobrero
Top Bottom