Diarrhea please help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hossbog

My 10 month old dragon has had diarrhea since I got her a month ago. The previous owner was a young kid who couldn’t take care of her anymore and said she takes huge poops. Well now I know what he means. She has gone about once a week. Could it be stress? She acts normal and attacks her food right away. I feed her dubias, crickets, super worms and greens. The one she did last week was huge and mostly wet. I have searched bearded dragon poop charts and never seen anything this big or textured. I have been giving her baths to hydrate her. Today I came home to a decent sized one and very watery. I’ll show gross pic and can someone tell me if it’s ok? There’s only two exotic vets near me and they are almost two month out. The exotic vet only comes in twice a week I guess. It smells too. I could smell it about 25 feet away on my couch. Setup is ideal. 100 watt basking at 105 degrees and T5 10.0 zoo med HO.

Warning: gross picture

Attachments

• E978D035-8460-4593-8D61-80B34FA9CF52.jpeg
    E978D035-8460-4593-8D61-80B34FA9CF52.jpeg
    233.6 KB · Views: 185
  • 6E9C49CE-6321-4290-9B27-029ED19BD64E.jpeg
    6E9C49CE-6321-4290-9B27-029ED19BD64E.jpeg
    232.5 KB · Views: 102
  • B69760CE-F4B4-4E90-AB1F-8EA08DCC3C5C.jpeg
    B69760CE-F4B4-4E90-AB1F-8EA08DCC3C5C.jpeg
    185.6 KB · Views: 112

Rubble1212

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Rubble
Could be due to parasites? Of you’d need a fecal test done maybe you should express your concerns that she’s got parasites and the vet would let you bring them a poop sample until you can get in to see them? Call and find out be a little assertive if you need to lol 😆

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
She may or may not have parasites, a lot of beardies do but they don't always have off looking poos. She looks healthy and from your description seems to be . When you get her to the vet you'll find out but for now she is not acting ill and her poo is not bad so try not to worry. :)

Hossbog

Original Poster
She may or may not have parasites, a lot of beardies do but they don't always have off looking poos. She looks healthy and from your description seems to be . When you get her to the vet you'll find out but for now she is not acting ill and her poo is not bad so try not to worry. :)
It doesn’t look bad? I have never seen anything like it. It’s huge! Lol. She acts very healthy and is handled daily. So should I still take the appointment to get tested?

Hazel_Basil10

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Hazel my female two year old beardie
Her layout in her tank is good. What size is the tank? when did you also get her? And also, how much does she drink and eat? what fruits do you give her?

Hossbog

Original Poster
Well, I finally got her in and she has high levels of cocidha
Like she's well hydrated but yes, keep the appt.
just got back from the exotic vet and she does have high levels of coccidia. He prescribed me Ponazuril. Is that a good med?

Hazel_Basil10

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Hazel my female two year old beardie
That is a great medication for beardies who have coccidia:) It has excellent things in it to help fight it

Hossbog

Original Poster
So it’s been 3 weeks and I’ve given her 2 doses for 2 weeks. She’s still acting weird but her poop looks better. Can anybody tell me if it looks normal? It definitely looks better than my pic above but it still looks a bit off. The vet said to give one more dose at 3 weeks which is in a couple days

Attachments

• 63E1C972-D7CD-4E51-9364-1F22014A50CA.jpeg
    63E1C972-D7CD-4E51-9364-1F22014A50CA.jpeg
    278.9 KB · Views: 81

Hossbog

Original Poster
So it’s been 3 weeks and I’ve given her 2 doses for 2 weeks. She’s still acting weird but her poop looks better. Can anybody tell me if it looks normal? It definitely looks better than my pic above but it still looks a bit off. The vet said to give one more dose at 3 weeks which is in a couple days

Hossbog

Original Poster
Oh and she won’t poo in her cage. She goes crazy at the glass and when we take her out she takes a huge poop.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Looks like good poop --

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dangky4gviettel
Top Bottom