Diarrhea, glass surfing, pooping soon after being fed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mayulsa

About a week (ish) ago, Neptune started having watery poop. He has been glassing surfing almost all the time, and 5-30 minutes after being fed, he'll poop again. I'm really worried. My father was laid off recently and my Gramma is sick, so I really don't know if I can afford to take him to the vet...

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, is it extremely runny or just soft ? Can you get a picture of it ? What exactly is he eating, list everything ?

mayulsa

Original Poster
AHBD":cdk09v2q said:
Hi there, is it extremely runny or just soft ? Can you get a picture of it ? What exactly is he eating, list everything ?

It's fairly runny. I'll post a photo next time he uses the bathroom. I feed him crickets everyday (20-40). He eats collard greens, he had a bit of tomato yesterday, and I fed him kale for about a week when I was out of collar greens. A few days ago, he did get a few licks of my candy (a juicy drop pop, he only licked the lollipop part) but I didn't think that would affect anything, plus the runny poop started before that.

mayulsa

Original Poster
An update:
Neptune hasn't pooped today, however I only fed him the last of the crickets I had because we ran out. I'll be ordering more tonight, but he'll get veggies until then.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Maybe it was the kale if he ate that instead of his usual collard greens. See what happens if you change back to the other types of greens.

mayulsa

Original Poster
So, his poop isn't as runny and he hasn't been pooping as much. However, today, he's gaping constantly and his stress marks are pretty dark. His beard is dark as well.

mayulsa

Original Poster
I haven't updated because Neptune has been constipated for a few days and I didn't get pictures the last time he pooped. Today, he pooped after 3 or 4 days and it appears bloody. It isn't as watery as it was before, but I'm worried.

mRn2K16.jpg

(Please excuse my dirty laptop keyboard... lol)

Neptune has appeared stressed in his tank, but when I let him out, he lightens up and his belly is mostly white. He isn't lethargic, in fact, he's fairly energetic. He's eating very well. Other than his poop, he hasn't been acting any different.

Edit: I forgot to add, his poop smells very strong.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
It may or may not be a tiny bit of blood. What has he eaten recently ? You mentioned tomato a few posts ago, that could cause a slight red tinge. The poo doesn't look that bad but to be sure about whether he has parasites you'd ave to get a fecal test done....that's the only way.

And you see how he could have ruined your computer....be careful. :shock:

By the way, how old is he ? A sub adult or adult may only poo every few days so that's normal if he goes that often.

mayulsa

Original Poster
My computer is his favorite place to poop, I usually notice when he's about to go but sometimes I'm not paying attention. He had carrots yesterday, watermelon a week or so ago, and crickets daily. He's at least 9 or 10 months old. I'll save up some money for him to go to the vet, but it's going to take some time.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Whenever the poo has a strange color the first thing to think of is what they ate recently. Carrots may have caused the orangey/red color. As long as he's eating fairly well he'll be fine until you can get him tested. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kwe6634ee1
Top Bottom