diarrea.. and blood in stool??

Status
Not open for further replies.

chestermymunchkin

Hatchling Member
Beardie name(s)
chester
Hello! I haven't posted in a while! Chester has recently been having diarrhea for the past week and 1/2 and has definable 1 drop of blood after, I've checked for sperm plugs, changes of diet, lighting, etc but nothing seems to be adding up? he has loads of parasites when I first got him, it took around 4 months it get rid of!! but he was great after and acting normally, for the past week and a half I've been giving him hydration to make sure he doesn't get dehydrated, in getting a stool sample done soon, also his lighting is t5 12% UVB Arcadia 24" long fixture around 6 months old (changing it soon) he also lives in a 40-gallon tank at the moment, I'm upgrading to 120 gallon bioactive in around two weeks! and the basking bulb is 100-watt uva for his appetite, it is 2 months old aproxamently. Chester is 1 year and 1/2 old and I got him when he was 6 months, he's been growing a lot and shedding his head rn!

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Sorry Chester is having some trouble. You are sure there is a bit of blood? Does this
happen every time he goes to the bathroom? Are his urates soft or hard?
If he is having loose stools then it is either something he is eating or he may have worms or
parasites that need to be treated.
I would consider getting a fecal done if possible. Do you have any probiotics that you could
get him started on?

Tracie

chestermymunchkin

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
chester
hello Tracie,
chess stopped pooping for 4 days then pooped yesterday he has soft liquidy urates and I have two probiotics I have him on right now bee pollen powder, and bearded dragon probiotics. I'm very sure he has blood in his stool I'm 99.999% sure I have pictures if you want them uploaded, and I just realized I added in the little plastic log he had when he was full of parasites, but that was around 4-5 months ago?? can he get parasites from that? I am suspecting coccidia as the culprit tho. and I'm getting a fecal done soon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rootie
Top Bottom