Dewy seems sick

Status
Not open for further replies.

alil

Hatchling Member
As the title said dewy seems sick. Yesterday when he woke up was black bearding and doing a bucking hiccup noise. When I came home for lunch from work he stopped doing that and his scales became really tough and grey almost like he's about to shed. He seems to be uninterested in food and just lays under his light with his head held up. He has his eyes open all day and he pooped yesterday and re is responsive to things. I'm going to check on him when I get back from work tonight to see if he has improved any. If he seems more sick what type of food can I give home and are there any easy to obtain antibiotic type medicine I can give him

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Can you review your tank set up with us, such as the temperatures, UVB lighting, supplementation, etc so we can trouble shoot anything that could be off?
How long has he not been feeling well?
It sounds like Dewy may be getting ready to shed if his skin is extra dry or wrinkly, or could be dehydrated too. Do you have any pictures of him?
I would get a fecal done on him first though, to determine whether or not he has worms or parasites.
Does he have any discharge from his mouth or nose, like mucous, etc as if he has a cold?
You can get some chicken or turkey baby food along with some squash or sweet potatoes baby food, mixed together to feed to him. You can use a plastic syringe or dropper to drop onto the end of his nose to see if he licks that off. He should like the taste of it though.

Is his beard dark at night when he goes to sleep?

Tracie

alil

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
No his neared was not black when he woke up. I am thinking it's his UVB I have not replaced it in a long time. I completely forgot about it and I think his basking light is too low I started feeding him more live food and I don't think it's digesting enough. He can't be dehydrated I gave him a 30 min soacking in the bath tub Friday night (I have him on my time since I work overnight). He has 1 eye shut so now I'm sure the UVB needs to be replaced ill do that in the morning. As far as the coughing I'm going to call it he has stopped doing it and seemed to only do it when I got too close to him or put my hand in his cage

alil

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Got him a new UVB bulb set it up while he was trying to sleep turned it on to see if it was working and he reacted almost instantly to the UVB bulb and the higher wattage heat bulb I put in during his lights on time. He has no liquids coming out of nostrils eyes or mouth. Sorry for the horrible spelling have been typing on my phone

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I'm sure he'll appreciate the new UVB light. What kind do you use and how far is it from his basking area? What are you using to measure temps? I'm curious to know what readings you're getting throughout the tank with the higher wattage heat bulb.

alil

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Changed the UVB bulb yesterday just got back from work. He looks like he's doing better head fully up eyes open standing up in to of his rock beared still a little black but looks better. I'm thinking the automatic air fresheners I was using to help with pet odors might have not agreed with him. Other than that he is recovering.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hseith
Top Bottom