desk lamp

Status
Not open for further replies.

krusty46

Cheaper and would work better. I personally do not trust them with a 150w basking bulb, but use them for the lower wattage basking bulbs (40-75w) or just to add some light to the tank with my Anoles and Hermit Crabs. I'm paranoid about them with high wattage bulbs because they don't have the porcelain light sockets--unfounded of course, but just like to be cautious

150whttp://www.homedepot.com/p/t/100354...toreId=10051&N=5yc1v&R=100354511#.UWN7xMoWThI
75whttp://www.homedepot.com/p/t/100354...toreId=10051&N=5yc1v&R=100354513#.UWN8IMoWThI

CodyG

I dont use high wattage basking bulbs, I use Philips Eco Vantage 53 watt Halogen floods, also from Home Depot, for my basking lights.

I get the clamp lights from Walmart because they are the same exact ones that Home Depot sells, but they are a couple bucks cheaper where I live. 7 dollars at Walmart vs. over 9 at Home Depot, plus I don't like the Home Depots employees over here, they dont know a thing.

Walmart also sells the same clamp lights, with ceramic sockets, by the way. I'm sure Home Depot does as well. The cheaper ones, with the plastic sockets are only rated to 150 watt for the par 38 lights, like flood lights, and 200 for type R, like regular household incandescents. the ceramic I believe are 300 watt rated. I dont have any of them, so I'm not positive. Dont quote me. In fact, they sell all three of the clamp lights, the 75, 150, and ceramic 300. 7 dollars is the price AFTER tax on the 150 watt one. Works perfect for me.

Note* I put a regular black incandescent bulb in a clamp light and it started to smell ever so slightly, it didnt melt or burn but it didnt smell right, so I dont use those for anything other than low watt floods, and incandescents for my cricket bins.

SciencePam

Original Poster
I picked up the clamp light linked by crusty46, and I grabbed a lab stand from the science dept storage room to clip it to. You think the 100 watt may be too hot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Adhdogtraining
Top Bottom