Designing new enclosure

Status
Not open for further replies.

pumpkinman

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thanks HH.

First let me say I do not know squat about bearded dragons. I am just learning.
I do know a thing or two about construction, renovations and electrical so I will give you my take based on that experience.
I have used a good quality porcelain tile left over from an addition I built. They are stone textured.
All porcelain and ceramic tiles have a glaze that is non porous. So no sealing is necessary. The grout is porous and in my experience even sealer does not make them 100% stain proof. The grout is the weak link in this system so I made my joints as small as possible.
If you lay the tiles loose as many do so that they can be removed for cleaning that is fine but I would think between cleanings stuff could build up in the cracks including water that may have been spilled from a water dish.
I just think a complete closed system with tile, grout and silicone around the parameter is more hygienic and less work to clean. Any dirt, moisture, feces, will be contained on the surface and there will be no chance of it working it's way under the tile.

pumpkinman

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Got the glass installed today. Couldnt be happier with everything so far. Not much left to do now. Have to install my 36" T8 fixtures on the back wall for my 10.0's and decorate. Any advise as for location of temperature probs would bee appreciated. Then I will drill a couple small holes in the back walls to put them thru.
So far without closing off some of my top vents I have a gradiant of 115 at the hot end to 72 on the cold side.
Those basking rocks are huge. 50+ lbs and 18" across. The are a trapozodial shape. I may just cut the one side square so I can put into the corner.
DSC_1160.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cold3231
Top Bottom