depressed beardie help please

Status
Not open for further replies.

sophiehawes

Hatchling Member
please can someone help me lola is 5month old aprox female and she is reallly depressed she hardly moves she never runs arounnd in her viv she is eating ok and pooping 1 every 2days, she is shedding all over at the moment and i have just moved my uvb tube to the back wall instead of the top front so she can get closer to it i dust her locust and have all the corrext temps as i asked on here when i got her so i could get it right, i bath her every2 days and spray the day inbetween... is she just laying around all day because she is shedding or the weather change? im really quite worried as she is only a baby and should be really active i dont want her to be sick :puke:

thanks

daner923

Gray-bearded Member
If it is really cold outside, that combined with the shed could be making her grumpy and tired. I don't think beardies can really get "depressed" as long as you are interacting regularly.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

You will need to move the UVB light back overhead. She wont be able to absorb it as well when it is mounted to the side. The emissions will scatter & can glare into her eyes also which can be hazardous for her.
Which UVB light are you using?
Shedding can cause some slown down behavior also. Is she eating much right now?
What are the temperatures in her tank?

Tracie

sophiehawes

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
hi yeah she is eating as normal moved the uvb light so she can get under it where it was b4 (at the front) she couldnt get high enough to get right under it.. i had a 60watt bulb in it and it blew today so i changed it to a 40watt to see if it helped (mayb she was getting to hot and made her lathargic) it seems better he has been in her basking spot nearly all day and is eating as normal and seems a little more active, so the temps have changed for today its sitting at about 95 in the hot end when usually its at about 100-105.. what do uz think should i change it back to a 60watt? hewre is her viv u can just see the uvb tube sorry shoud have moved the towl so u could see it properly but it there on the back wall
DSC005682_zpsa24ff7cb.jpg

MsWanda10166

Hatchling Member
it still does not look like she can get 6 to 8 inches from that UVB light. She has to be able to get close or it does not do good for them. The UVB diminishes the further away it is.

daner923

Gray-bearded Member
Also, for a young dragon, 95 is MUCH too low a temp. even 100-105 is too low, which may have caused the lethargy in part. I would suggest aiming for 110F.

sophiehawes

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
ok i will lower it a little more.. Really 110F if she sits in the shade when i have the 60watt at 100-105F surly she is going to be even worse hotter... buttt i will change the bulb and try a 100watt to seee if it works thank u x

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Can you get the 3M command hooks to mount the UVB tube bulb on the underneath side of the screen top? That will help out.
Try the higher wattage, but carefully monitor the temperatures as you don't want them over 110.
The cooler end needs to be around 78-82, does she have a cool end in those ranges?

Tracie

sophiehawes

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
success she shedding has sped up no end she has gone from taking months to go from pale skin to peal.... and is now like a week pale skin to peal she seems much happier aswel and all this just by moving the uvb tube to the back wall! :blob5:

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That is great, so she did shed finally?
How is her appetite doing then?
I am glad she is doing much better now & seems to like the lighting now. Be sure it is not glaring into her eyes though.

Tracie

sophiehawes

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Drache613":2b8k2l55 said:
Hello,

That is great, so she did shed finally?
How is her appetite doing then?
I am glad she is doing much better now & seems to like the lighting now. Be sure it is not glaring into her eyes though.

Tracie

yep she is sheeding all over the place her arms went first then her legs and her head just waiting for her body and underside to peal but she is soo pale and so ready to come off i think it will be off in a week or sooner.. she seems so much happier eating like a horse and moving all over the viv not just laying in the shade... she has also taken a liking to her veg!!!! madness ... just want to say how happy i am that she is getting better and thank ebery1 so much for there help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rootie
Top Bottom