[Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Those are definitely babies! =) I don't remember seeing egg sacks either. I'd just start seeing little ones crawling around after a while.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It took me about 4-6 months to start seeing a new generation in my tank but I started with mixed sizes and no adults so that will vary. I'm not sure how frequently they lay eggs but the little ones should grow within a couple of months. I'm not sure on the sorting. I just leave all of mine in one tank together and pick out the sizes I want to feed by hand.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I'm not sure if it's a big deal. In my experience they really aren't that fragile and haven't been bothered by much of anything. Just add food and housing and away they go. I eventually added an overhead heat projector because they seem to like the warmth. They appear to breed more quickly with that than they do with plain cellar temps and an under tank heat mat. I have more than I know what to do with now though so I don't put much thought into them other than to keep them well fed.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Yeah my whole colony is just in a 20g long with a screen top and paper towel tubes as housing. Works fine. If she's big enough to eat any of them it shouldn't cause a problem and you can hand pick them. I started with a 600 mix size pack from ABDragons about 2 and a half years ago and have many thousands of them now. No way I could get an accurate count.

Rankins

Gray-bearded Member
They egg sack is rarely seen unless you have a lot of adults..it increases the chances. A dubia colony does take s long time to become established if you started with babies. My ivory head colony took 8 months before I even saw any babies. Some roaches take longer than others to grow and mate. My orange head colony is quicker than Dubia's..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
New & NoClue
Top Bottom