dehydrated

Status
Not open for further replies.

brutusthebearded

Hatchling Member
I think my bearded dragon is dehydrated but i have been giving baths everyday for like 2 weeks for like 15 20 mins because she has been on meds. By the way she only perks up after a bath or mist thats why i think she may be dehydrated. She will not drink or lick anything off her nose, she wont eat greens right now either. I am worried to put her in the bath too much because i dont want her to get a URI. Also do they soak water through their skin or vent? I have heard different ppl say different things. If someone can help me with an idea to keep her hydrated that would be great. thanks

destiny1998

Extreme Poster
Photo Comp Winner
Hi. Quit misting. They only get water through the vent or mouth. Are the poops dry? How old is she? Since shes on med have you tried giving her soy yogurt to help her tummy? What is her set up like?

brutusthebearded

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
well the last time she pooped it was white urate with a little orangeish almost tail on it. then separate from that was a real dry piece maybe an inch long and then moist poop. all the pieces were separate, the urate seemed hard as well. this is the first poop she had in 2 weeks and that was a couple days ago. I have been giving her a probiotic on her crickets/worms. She was a year old the beginning of this month. Her set up is a 40 gal breeder, she is very small for her age maybe 14 inches. I took her in at 6 months old because she was still in a ten gallon tank not fed many crickets just those baby bites things. Anyways, 75 watt zoo med basking bulb with little sterilite container for basking although she wont bask. just lay next to it all day looking sleepy. reptisun 10 uvb mounted inside tank, and a 60 watt house hold clear halogen bulb at opposite side of basking bulb for extra light. non adhesive shelf liner for substrate because i was told to keep it simple and take out all porous things because she has coccidia. temps on basking is 110, cool side around 85, read with prob digital thermometer. since not pooping idk if i should keep feeding because if she is trying to brument or something i dont want the food to rot in her stomach. I have tryed everything to get her to poop, all the things ive tryed to get her to eat so she can poop is prunes, baby food prunes, soy yogurt, pumpkin, tryed putting it on her nose but she will not lick it off she will rather wipe it off on glass or substrate. im at a loss. nearest herp vet is 2 hrs away and dont know if the stress of the drive will make things worse, the vet even told me this. idk :banghead:

Mistyck

Extreme Poster
Keep giving her baths...Lukewarm water, up to her elbows 2-3 times a day for 7-10 minutes a piece.

What kind of worms are you giving her? Stick to crickets for right now. Make sure she has access to greens all day. Try giving her unsweetened applesauce, she might like the flavor, and it might stimulate her appetite. Have you tried prying the side of her mouth open with the end of a spoon, just to get the taste of something in her mouth? Once the taste is in there, she might be more inclined to eat it.

How long ago did you get her? She might still be stressed from the changes happening to her, and not used to some of the things you're doing to her. (Not in a bad way, just changes make beardies act different.)

destiny1998

Extreme Poster
Photo Comp Winner
Yeah she sounds dehydrated and impacted. When you give baths do you rub her belly? Also have you tried olive oil? I know mine like stage one applesauce with a little olive oil and water mixed in. You said she eats worms. What kind? If its mealworms they aren't nutritious and cause impaction. Hope this helps.

brutusthebearded

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I was picking out the small super worms for her because she would pay no attention to crickets, i know bad idea suposed to be 16'' but i was looking for anything. After prying oppen her mouth to medicate she wont let me anywere near her face/mouth/...her. i have tryed olive oil but i cant force feed because once she sees me coming with somthing there is no use trying unless i want to hold her head down and pry mouth open. ive done it on her greens when she was eating them and still nothing. She had done this eating and not pooping for a long time then a huge one will finally come out for over 3 months and nothing seems to make her go. She is so lethargic she will lay there for days on end if i let her but as soon as i try to come at her with anything its just like lightning fast trying to get away. Cant force feed, and she wont eat anything thats not alive or even get up to look at it so there is not use in letting it sit there and rot is basically the point im at. so idk how she could be impacted because she keeps passing it, just after along time. And i got her about 6 months ago and she was literally not handled for months if not only like a couple times as a baby so i was trying to gradually ease her into being handled and once i finally got to that point she got sick. And now its no trust all over again. This is insane

destiny1998

Extreme Poster
Photo Comp Winner
You know my daisy was dehydrated and backed up back in june so I ordered horn worms cus of the moisture ang easy digestion. Well those worked she now is regular and well hydrated. Just a thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sage_1207
Top Bottom