Dehydrated and not getting any better

Status
Not open for further replies.

LaNezSait

Hello! A few days ago my first baby beardie arrived. Once he came out of the box I found him dehydrated. For the last few days I've been putting him in baths for 10-20 min and letting him soak, and doing everything I can to make him drink. On top of that he's shedding. He still seems to have the normal white part in his poop, but he still has wrinkled skin and sunken eyes. Since this is my first beardie I don't know how long it takes them to rehydrate. He also didn't eat this morning so I'm starting to panic. Please help!

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It may take a bit for him to bounce back. I've had the best luck getting them to drink by dripping water on their nose so they can lick it up. You can do this with a plastic syringe, dropper, or even your finger tip. Can you post some photos of him and his setup? You can upload photos here https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ and post them to your thread using the XIMG button when you reply. I'll be glad to review your setup details to make sure everything is just right if you'd like.

LaNezSait

Original Poster
97736-2225481402.jpg
97736-9750846750.jpg

There is a picture of him and his set up. Sorry about the bad quality, I took these on my phone.

I've already gave him water from a syringe and he sometimes drinks the droplets from that. But, now he's not eating. Do you think it's just because he's shedding? Or is there a bigger problem?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
He looks pretty healthy in that photo and his setup looks good too. I would just give him some more time to settle down. Shedding certainly won't help his mood either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stump5150!
Top Bottom