Deformed in the tail

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnno

I just took over taking care of about a 9month old bearded dragon that wasnt properly taken care of i am guessing. The reason i say this is because his tail is deformed looking and has a large bump on it. From what i have looked up so far it is probably MBD. Can this be cured or will he always be like that? He doesn't seem like he is in pain and loves to eat. I am going to take him to the vet as soon as they let me in. Does anyone have any advice they can give me?

zebraflavencs

Extreme Poster
Depending on how far advanced the MBD is, your adoptee ( bravo for you doing this !) might not recover totally, but can have a long and happy life.

Can you pop us up a photo showing the whole dragon and one of just the area you are describing ?

Also, a nice run down of what lighting you have for him, need exact brands and distance away from the dragon, your temps, basking, cool side, and how you measure them, as well as what supplements and diet you are offering him.

At 9 months old, you should be able to bring him back to a reasonable state where the MBD doesn't bother him.

Thanks !
Janie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss_michelle421
Top Bottom