Deformed foot

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was watching Bruce explore our livingroom and i noticed that his leg front foot is deformed. I never really noticed it until today. He doesn't seem to have a problem with it because he is still quite a fast mover! I was wondering what could have happened. When we got him it was ok so that leaves me to wonder if he broke it. He's always a great mover and this has me concerned. Any ideas of help?

Jiffy

BD.org Addict
He could have hurt it, or it could be a calcium deficiency thing. What type of uv bulb do you have? Do you dust the food with calcium? If so, how often?

broozersfam

Original Poster
I dust his food every other day i feed him live food. Should i be dusting his veggies (that he doesn't really eat?) I have no idea what wattage the bulb is since we had to replace it twice! He's gaining weight and using it and it doesn't seem to bother him i've even touched it and he went to sleep on me!

wizbee

Juvie Member
Without proper uvb a beardie can develop bone issues. Look at your uvb bulb and let us know which type it is. Is it a tube or coil?

Grogshla

Juvie Member
get rid of anything that he can fall from in his cage.
dont let him wander around your house as there are endless things that can go wrong. Keep your eyes on him at all times.
Get his basking spot up to 110 degrees f and make sure that his uvb tube is a reptisun10 or arcadia 12.
Be sure to dust his live food (use crickets and roaches) with calcium 5 times a week and with vitamins 2 times a week.
Give him a bathe in shoulder deep warm water once a week for approx 15 mins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kwe6634ee1
Top Bottom