deep end (pics added) Updated 5/4/09

Status
Not open for further replies.

VEGASLIZARD

Sub-Adult Member
Those poor babies look like they were really badly neglected. Luckily there are beardie angels like you around to rescue them and give them love and nurse them to health. :love5:

LQDragons

Juvie Member
Original Poster
well Twinkie has gained 22 grams(376g) in the week he has been with us :D Howie is getting stronger :D :blob5: :blob8: :D and becoming more active, espesially when he see's one of the girls(horn dog :mrgreen: ). But he's not eating live prey or his greens :( . We have him on jump start, which he likes so much he bit the end off the applicator, but it past this morning. He has put on about 6 grams(366g) in 5 days and he is pooping daily. And he loves to soak in the sink (2x a day). Precious is just that, precious. She eats live prey, basks, poops daily and is very active.She weight in at 387 grams today. I pretty sure she was the dominate one. When she hears water running she comes right up to her glass, she loves bath time :) . I don't think Howie or Precious had ever had bath's, but they both love being brushed with a soft tooth brush will soaking

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
[Moved from General to Beardie Rescues]

Thank you for taking in those beardies. Precious looks like she'd been severely neglected. Poor girl.
I definitely will be praying for all three of them. Keep us posted on their progress.

LQDragons

Juvie Member
Original Poster
herpfreak":d579c said:
Poor Howie looks so skinny! Nothing worse than a skinny beardie. :cry:
Howie is doing better. We're giving him Jump Start, and gently inserting (force feeding just sounds to harsh) dubia nymph's between his cheek and gum (think chewing tabacco) , then he will chew them up. This is done 3x a day, all in the sink with him soaking. With his 1st feeding of the day he also gets Reptaid, acidopholiz+, and B complex vitamins. Every nymph he gets(only eats about 20, 1/4") is dusted with calcium w/o D3 as he has a Mega Ray SB100. He even pooped 2x today :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: he walked all around his enclosure, then went to sleep in his hide tonight, 1st time in the week we've had him

Thank you to everyone that has rescued and posted about it, I've been reading :study: so much my eye's hurt, but it's worth it, I've learned so much

LQDragons

Juvie Member
Original Poster
well Howie is coming along, eating crix & fine chopped greens, hand fed only. He's gaining weight & strength, head bobbing & glass dancing. He's even going to shed

DSC_0010-4.jpg

DSC_0009-3.jpg

DSC_0008-6.jpg

DSC_0070-3.jpg

DSC_0053-3.jpg

DSC_0095-2.jpg

and Precious, she is doing good. Eating and being very active. She loves her pool time

DSC_0020-1.jpg

Jasper's Mom

BD.org Addict
Wow, they're coming right along, aren't they? They look like real beardies now. You're doing a great job! :mrgreen:

Krisymof2

Hatchling Member
They look great! I live in S.FL and have one of those pools too, aren't they great. How's Twinkie doing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
angiemeyer8561
Top Bottom