Deano not eating for 3 days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

drstevo

Dear all,

I am quite concerned as my beardie hasn't ate in three days (The day I got him). He wasn't taken care of properly by his last owner. I installed a UVB florescent tube today (Reptisun) but prior to him not having this, he ate 8 5th Hoppers but hasn't ate anything since. I've even tried waxworms! I'm just so worried! I apologize for such an elementary message too.

Kind regards,
Stevo.

ShannyBeard

Extreme Poster
Bearded dragons can get pretty stressed out when they are moved, be it to a new home or just into another room of the house. I wouldn't worry about him not eating for such a short time and let him have some time to adjust. :D

Do you want to go over his tank set up and schedule to see if there are any adjustments that you need to make?

drstevo

Original Poster
but why would he eat as soon as he is moved. that day?
set up: VIV 36''x18.5x20.5''
UVB: Reptisum 10. installed today about 14'' from bottom.
UVA: 60W bulb.
Temperature in day approx 92f warm side.
tile substrate
water replenished daily
tried to feed with: 5th hoppers, wax worms, dandelion, lettuce.
He is approx 8 months old and 14.5 inches in length. Unable to weigh at the moment (scales ordered) but as previous commentators stated he is underweight.

Hope some of this helps?

regards,
Stevo

cjsdragons

Hatchling Member
im hoping it was not you that fed him hoppers he sounds impacted see if hes using his back legs

this sounds like a trip to the vet is absolutly necessary

drstevo

Original Poster
he's using his back legs (even had him swimming today) and has regular bowel movements. I.E one in each of the last two days.

cjsdragons

Hatchling Member
drstevo":2by2ihnt said:
he's using his back legs (even had him swimming today) and has regular bowel movements. I.E one in each of the last two days.
ok thats a good start definetly dont ever use rodents for food your asking for big trouble

what are you checking his surface temps with? youll need a laser gun to be accurate
also remove the water they definitely do not need it and its a germ pool
if the cage is glass youll need realisticly a 100w basking flood lamp thats what my growouts use
a good basking spot is the slate tile propped up with bricks they jump right on also make sure you have that reptisun 10 strip light dont remember seeing your uvb choice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HeathLizard
Top Bottom