Deanie and Hoodoo *New Pics!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kalyn876

Sub-Adult Member
I got him at 4 weeks old or so..

IMG_0158.jpg

This is at the petstore where I bought him.

IMG_0159.jpg

Day one of owning the little guy.

IMG_0161.jpg

This is definitely my favourite picture so far!!

IMG_0173.jpg

He has grown so much in the two weeks I've had him! Pet store was only feeding once every two days!!

IMG_0162.jpg

I still can't believe how small he is.

IMG_0168.jpg

IMG_0171.jpg

He loves his rock and his log..

IMG_0170.jpg

Hope you like the pics!

*Edit: He is now about 6 weeks old!!

Jamiedog

Sub-Adult Member
Aaaaaaaaaaaaah, he's so tiny! Tiny lizard in a big, big world! :lol: How big is his viv?

He'll grow into it before you know it... :wink:

He's adorable. Deserves a big name - he can grow into that, too!

Kalyn876

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
He is in a 33 gallon which I have partitioned off so he gets about 2ft long by 1ft wide. I feed him in a seperate smaller conatiner so he doesn't have to chase the crickets down so far lol. He sleeps in his leaves every night and hangs out on his rock or log pretty much all day staring at me lol. I haven't seen him use his hide yet but he runs in and out of it then all over like a crazy guy. :D

*Edit: Here is his full tank view

IMG_0172.jpg

Kalyn876

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Jamiedog":1rklxuxg said:
Aaaaaaaaaaaaah, he's so tiny! Tiny lizard in a big, big world! :lol: How big is his viv?

He'll grow into it before you know it... :wink:

He's adorable. Deserves a big name - he can grow into that, too!

I also have a ten year old guy named Hoodoo he grew way too fast lol so I learned to partition a larger tank to keep from completely relocating him.

I am having the hardest time with a name partially because I'm not 100% sure hes a boy lol need to be unisex :)

Jamiedog

Sub-Adult Member
He'll never run out of places to explore, at this side. Let him work off some of that baby-energy! :lol:

Hmmm... Any particular themes you'd like to follow in names? When you mentioned you have one called Hoodoo, I immediately thought you could call the new little one Deenie (so you get Hoodoo + Deenie, "Houdini"... okay, that's weird, my mind is a strange one :lol: ). But that sounds more like a girl name, doesn't it?

Kalyn876

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
I like the name Deenie! it does sort of sound girly but if I spell it Deanie then its kind of unisex... lol I'm gonna try that one on for size :D

Kalyn876

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Here are some pictures of my Hoodoo and Deanie

IMG_0177.jpg

Hoodoo hangin out on a towel in the tub while I get ready.

IMG_0183.jpg

Hoodoos facial colors kind of pastel as well

IMG_0179.jpg

He doesn't want any help with shedding ever and this piece is a fighter lol

IMG_0180.jpg

Full shhot of Hoodoo hes ten years old

IMG_0187.jpg

One of my favourite photos of him

IMG_0190.jpg

He loves the cat toys :blob8:

IMG_0194.jpg

My little guy at the very top of his leaves he hangs out there when i leave the room and when hes sleeping

IMG_0193.jpg

So tiny..

Jamiedog

Sub-Adult Member
I'm glad you like it! "Deanie" is a better spelling anyway. :) I love the name Hoodoo - unusual animal names are always fun. And usually have good stories behind them!

Hoodoo is an adorable old guy - love the way older beardies get those fat beards even when they're not puffed out. It looks somehow very content. :D He definitely looks content; nice smile on him! Have you had him for the entirety of 10 years?

Kalyn876

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
I have had him for 9 years my auntie originally owned him but she got a job where she couldn't be home to feed him properly so he was given to me. He was waaayyy easier to care for when I got him at a year old than my little guy is at six weeks. Thank goodness I love to research animals lol.

Hoodoo is the reason I got a second bd; he has always been the best buddy a gal could ever ask for! Even when hes grumpy I little rub in between his eyes and hes happy as can be. :blob8: :blob5: :blob8:

Kalyn876

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
More Baby Pics!!

These are from the last two weeks I'll try to keep them chronological order..

These two were taken a few days aftr I got the little guy
IMG_0216.jpg

IMG_0215.jpg

He had a puffy neck day a while back, the next day back to normal
IMG_0218.jpg

IMG_0217.jpg

Then my poor baby suffered from MBD....Bad mommy didn't have the UVB close enough :banghead:
IMG_0231.jpg

Two days after I lowered the UVB
IMG_0233.jpg

He sleeps in his leave like this every night..sometimes he hides himself in them
IMG_0239.jpg

Then one morning last week he started the dreaded shed
IMG_0253.jpg

IMG_0257.jpg

IMG_0259.jpg

IMG_0262.jpg

Doesn't he look oh so happy lol This was by 1:00pm the same day.
IMG_0264.jpg

Heres my beautiful guy all done shedding when I got home
IMG_0266.jpg

IMG_0265.jpg

IMG_0248.jpg

And lastly his tank
IMG_0245.jpg

He he... don't mind the toilet paper roll...my nephew was helping me catch crickets :lol:

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello Kalyn,

They all look great! Your tiny one is growing very quickly isn't he? :D
The pictures are very cute & you have nice looking tanks.

Tracie

herpgirl2510

Sub-Adult Member
I love hoodoo's face face it is so cute. Your baby is so little Yoda was small like that his head still looks to big for his body.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stump5150!
Top Bottom