dealing with crickets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Received my first shipment of crickets today. Wow! It was a rodeo! Any handy tips on getting crickets from 7" cubed box stuffed with egg crate into cricket keeper without them ending up all over the house? Currently most of the crickets are in the keeper but a good many remain in the shipping container awaiting their new home. thanks for the tips.

brittani299

Extreme Poster
I hate feeding crickets and dont anymore but when I did I would open the box in a garbage bag and then 99% of the crickets ended up in there. From there I put them in my cricket container.

redllamamama

Original Poster
Thanks for the idea. I put them in a plastic tub with a snapping lid and was surprised the dab that was still in the box were alive. I dreamed last night of crickets all over my house! :lol:

unkempt1

Juvie Member
I have success with doing it in the bathtub, but I prob'ly don't buy nearly as many as you. The garbage bag sounds like a good idea too!

mortitia

Hatchling Member
Hi
I tip mine into a plastic tub, then put small sections of egg crate in, when I want to feed I just pic up one of the egg crates and shake into a large food bag that already has the calci powder in, Shake them up then serve. (if you tip them over an empty food dish you can use the calci powder again). I don't get on too well with the cricket keepers, too many escape.

Marie x

redllamamama

Original Poster
So far so good on the cricket keeper. I think the crickets are the right size for it but I'm preparing for the next batch with an old aquarium and a screen lid. Thanks for letting me know how you do it. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peapthis
Top Bottom