darn birds!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MyBilbo

Hatchling Member
Today the weather has been pretty dam awesome, so I decided to let Bilbo come out side with me and have some really uv! Was sat on my hand taking in all the new sights, looking about when I bird flew over....

I have never seen Bilbo like this before, got all puffed up, black beard open mouth looked pretty pissed! I obviously took him in right away, he didn't settle until he went back in his viv, all is cool now he is happy showing bright colours and was to come sit wig me on the bed.

Any ideas on the bird thing? I don't want to cause him undue stress, but how can I take him out side when he reacts like that to birds? Is it something he has to deal with and learn that actually they are not going to get him, or is it best to just keep him in side? When he comes out he sticks with me, not free roaming, as he is still rocket quick and to many places he can go and not come out, he is happy to sit on me though

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there....you have probably figured out that a beardie's natural instinct can kick in while outside, that of being in fear of possible predator. Some dragons are fearful while others aren't. Some will adapt + lose their fear while others stay fearful outside, but most will eventually be O.K :)

MyBilbo

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Yeah it's been pretty cold since I got him so he has never been outside before so it was a big deal in a way. What would you suggest, if/when he gets, shall we say , agitated should I stay outside wig him OR take him back in? My first thought is take him back in cos he is stressed amenities do not wish stress on him, but on the other hand he needs know he is ok and no harm will come to him and he won't learn if I run in every time? What do you think, and I lice him very much, what's the chances of me becoming the bad guy? Bitten? Trying to escape from me??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stump5150!
Top Bottom