DarkLight and Kenai

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkLight

Hello everyone!! I'm DarkLight, a current undergrad student, and on August 22nd I adopted Kenai (sounds like key-neye) from PetSmart. According to the records provided, they had my little Kenai for about 5 to 6 weeks. I did just read another article on how to estimate the age of our babies and will be measuring him when I get off of work. Up until last year, lizards overall just freaked me out. My college roommate ended up getting one (totally against the rule to have pets mind you) and I slowly fell in love with her. I recently moved back home and talked to my parents about getting a pet. They said that as long as it lived in a cage and wasn't roaming the house, then I could haha. So I went to online to see the kinds of pets that would meet their restrictions. I then recalled my friend from school and I talked to her about what it's like taking care of a bearded dragon. She even let me stay over for the weekend to get a feel on how it would be. I knew that I wanted one of my own. I did a lot of research and went to PetSmart a few times to speak with the head of there reptile department. On the final day, I got Kenai and took him home. I had a week off from work and before classes started so it was perfect. I used this time so we could get to know each other and develop a feeding schedule. My parents were weird about it at first but warmed up to him and now they love him as much as I do. Well... Not as much. They won't feed him any insects haha :lol: So that's us! He's a little ball of energy :blob8: who loves to to sleep on top of mommy's hoodies and hates when I sometimes wake him up at night (The whole not breathing that much while they sleep thing is really scary! I know it's normal but OMG!! Breathe baby!! Breathe!) and only like kale as his veggies lol. But yeah, anywho hello to everyone!! :D

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Welcome! I just chimed in on your other thread. Please let us know if you have any other questions about his care. Hopefully your parents will warm up to him quickly. They have a track record of winning people over after a while =)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss_michelle421
Top Bottom