Darkening tail with kink in the end?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BuddyDow

Our little bud, who isnow 6 months old, has a kink in the very end of his tail. It has been there for a few months, and thought it would come off with shedding. Looking at him today, his tail from the kink, upwards for about 3 inches seems to have gone darker. Does he have an infection in it?

It doesnt feel any different in terms of hardness or anything, just seems to be very noticably darker than the rest of him.

Please help!

Laura

spurlee01

BD.org Addict
It could be some type of infection or retained shed. Can you post a picture so we can better help you?

BuddyDow

Original Poster
i will try and get a picture now. Back in his viv, there doesnt seem to be any colour change, it is only when he is out in natural light.

spurlee01

BD.org Addict
If its not always that color then it probably isn't any type of infection. Dragons change color based on their moods. He may just not have the full color change down yet. But that being said- watch it very closely. If it does stay that color or if you notice it feels different than the other part of his tail then he needs vet care ASAP.
Sara

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss_michelle421
Top Bottom