dark spots infront of eyes..?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hayl55

Juvie Member
Lilly has these dark marks infrontof her eyes, like sorta bettwenn her nostrils and her eyes.. they dont feel different, its alomst like the colouring in her scales jsut wen dark...I jsut want to know if this is a sign I shoudl be concerned about.

Pleaides

Juvie Member
hey
sorry i dont quite get what your trying to explain, are they scabs, are they raised or is it flush against the rest of her face?
could you post a pic and that way will be so much clearer?

hayl55

Juvie Member
Original Poster
lillysspots.jpg

i trie to circle them, but i suck at paint. the darker scales are slightly harder than the surrounding scales.

Pleaides

Juvie Member
hey
i cant really see the back one but the front one does look like a little scab, but its an odd place to get an injury i think, i suggest PMing tracie to help out here, im stuck with this im afraid although it doesnt look infected or anything it may be her colour, is she due to shed at all? does it bother her when you touch those marks?
PM tracie to see what she thinks, her username is Drache613.
sorry i cant be of more help.

peera

Sub-Adult Member
From what I can see, it looks like a place where the shed didn't shed properly. Gibby has a couple of those on his head. How old is she? As they get older, they have a more difficult time shedding, which is one reason bathing during shed is so important.

hayl55

Juvie Member
Original Poster
shes 2yrs, 7months, but I bathe her almost everyday,so I dont know what they coudl be..I'll pm tracie.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

It appears to be a retained area of scales. I don't think it is anything to worry about. The older they get, the stranger they seem to shed. The head & eye areas have a tendency to shed differently for some reason. Sometimes, they get darker spots when an area retains a shed.
It does not appear to be a fungal issue though.
Also, sometimes as they get older they can have changes in their pigmentation on their scales, too.
I would just watch those areas to make sure they don't change too terribly much right now.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunalane827
Top Bottom