Dark foot

Status
Not open for further replies.

joef

Hatchling Member
So my beardie's left back foot is like a dark brown color, when he is a light sand color. It's been like this for about a month. Does anyone know what it is and how to treat it? I was thinking something like retained shed, if it is, how do I treat that?

joef

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
AHBD":v92bwsyh said:
Hi there.....how old is the beardie ? Older juvies + adults can take much longer to shed and often do so in uneven patches. A picture would be helpful, here's how to post. :

https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ Then use the XIMG to attach pics
Hey, so he's about 6 months old I'm guessing, but he hasn't had anything that looks like this, his back and front arms are about to shed so I can compare it, and it's a lot different.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Can you post a few pics in better light ? The foot is in the shaded part of the pic so it just looks like the darkness is shade.

SHBailey

Gray-bearded Member
The foot looks ok except for the color, but it doesn't really look or sound like shed, either, from what you describe. :? Does it seem to be bothering him? And is he able to walk on it normally?

You said it had been like that for about a month -- other things to think about may be what happened right before you noticed the change, was it gradual or sudden, etc. Is it possible that it's the other way around and the foot shed but not the leg next to it? Sometimes they change color when they shed, and they end up with patchy darker and lighter areas like that for a while.

joef

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
SHBailey":91ow0cgb said:
The foot looks ok except for the color, but it doesn't really look or sound like shed, either, from what you describe. :? Does it seem to be bothering him? And is he able to walk on it normally?

You said it had been like that for about a month -- other things to think about may be what happened right before you noticed the change, was it gradual or sudden, etc. Is it possible that it's the other way around and the foot shed but not the leg next to it? Sometimes they change color when they shed, and they end up with patchy darker and lighter areas like that for a while.
I just noticed it there one day and it doesn't seem to bother him. Although it was there after his last shed and that's why I was guessing that maybe it was because if she'd. The leg definitely isn't shedding, he's just a light colored dragon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
New & NoClue
Top Bottom