Dark black beard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Larry got a vet checkup today and clean bill of health all around however when we got him home and set up in his tank he started black bearding. He did get a new daytime heat bulb but temps are all good
Basking spot : 102 degrees
Hot side:94 degrees
Cool side:81 Fahrenheit
Hide :76 degrees Fahrenheit
All measured three hours after we put in the new bulb uvb just got replaced last month.

Now Larry has a super sassy attitude hates being in his tank and spends the last few days out of the tank with us on a hot water bottle to stay warm as his basking light was out. I’m not sure if he’s throwing a temper tantrum because he isn’t getting cuddles (happens often) or what may be causing the severe black bearding but he’s never ever done this before. Any advice?

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, probably upset by the vet visit and now no heat bulb . Be super careful that you don't burn him with the hot water bottle, get him a new light ASAP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stump5150!
Top Bottom