Daredevil beardie

Status
Not open for further replies.
My beardie Zilla is crazy. During the summer when shes most active, their cage gets very hot. So hot i have to leave the door on the front of the cage open to vent it out. At first i would leave it wide open. This didnt seem to be a problem but one day as I sat in my room, I saw little Zilla jump down about 3 feet from the cage to the floor. She had seen a cricket running across my floor so in one swift motion she landed and ate it. I checked to make sure she was ok and put her back in. Fearing this would happen again, I cut some shelving made of bars and put them in the tracks where the glass would be. The next day when i was out of the room, she slipped through the bars. When i came back I only saw her cagemates but not her. I began searching the house and found her in the bathroom sleeping on the cool tile. I then found a way to keep the cage cooler but it still had to be vented. It turned out thar she wasnt too hot, she just enjoyed adventuring! The next time she got out, I wasnt home. She walked under my bed and got stuck. When i came home and didnt see her in the cage, i chuckled and checked the bathroom. She wasnt there. I looked all over the place. I looked all day with no luck. I left food out overnight and went to sleep. No sign of her in the morning. I looked more and then i heard a scratching. I looked under the bed and there she was hungry and scared. I warmed her up, fed her and she was fine. She must have worked adventuring out of her system because she never did it again.

Alix1378

Hatchling Member
lol nothing like a good scare to teach someone a no no :twisted: but glad you found her an REALLY glad your bed frame is strong enough to not bow or anything... that would not have been good :cry:

VEGASLIZARD

Sub-Adult Member
Scorch loves to run around on the floor, but I am too much of a worry wart to let her out of my sight :roll:

Milne

Ahaha! Loki gave me a fright like that about a week after I got her! Jumped right out of her tank and scuttled away. Fortunately she left teeny tiny sandy footprints that lead me to one of the kitchen cupboards ... brat! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rootie
Top Bottom