Dangerous low temperature?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spyrosmom

My beardie got to maybe 60ish degrees for about 30 minutes. When I found him (he had disappeared while exploring) he was super cold and didn't want the mealworms (his favorite food that he usually FREAKS OUT FOR) we were using to coax him out of his hiding spot. After a few minutes he seemed to realize who I was (I'm his primary and basically only caregiver) and walked slowly PAST the worms and towards me. When I picked him up, his body felt cold and he clung to me for dear life, but of course I immediately put him under his heat lamp. Will he be alright?! Thank the lord I joined his forum the other day. I'm sure you guys can help me.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Yeah he'll be totally fine. When they get cold they just slow their systems down a bit and take a nap. 60s for just a little while won't be harmful to him at all long term. Sometimes they've gotten outside and bunker down and survive cold nights. There was a dragon found on the side of the road here last winter and she was nearly frozen. The vet brought her temps back up very slowly and she survived. They're very tough little ones!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buddy- The Bearded Dragon
Top Bottom