DaisyDragon Vet Treatment

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaisyDragon123

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
14 hours light. Exotic vet did not prescribe antibiotics. I had taken her to a local vet who had her on Flagyl for spirochetes but exotic vet switched her to Baycox for coccidia since her fecal didn't show spirochetes, but coccidia, and baycox was better for coccidia. A dewormer was given. The antibiotic came up if Daisy had a secondary infection but was not prescribed.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

The light cycle should be sufficient for her then! A lot of dragons do slow down & want to brumate starting late in the spring to early summer. I think that they are on the Southern Hemisphere time here in the Northern Hemisphere.
Is she maintaining her weight?
Has she finished all of her meds, too I hope?

I hope that she is feeling better & is in good spirits, too. Please keep us posted on how she is doing.

Tracie

DaisyDragon123

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Vet visit today.

335 grams

Coccidia negative
Pinworms negative
Flagellants not detected

Sonogram showed no eggs. Liver looked good.

Recomended soaking 15 minutes one to two times a week and said it would not increase chance of RI.

Cut back on insect feeders, more salads. Need to get her exercising since she is a smaller female who is already at her maximum weight.

No definitive answers as to why she periodically hides under the shade of her branch all day. Just one of those things. As long as weight is okay don't worry for right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FalkorBeardie :3
Top Bottom