D3 or no D3

Status
Not open for further replies.

ategels

If using a Reptisun 10.0 T5 HO or 10.0 T8 bulb do I need to use the calcium supplement with D3? I've been dusting all of his feeders (5 months old) with the pink Repcall Calcium with D3. Should I be using the green Repcal Calcium that has no D3 ?

EllenD

Gray-bearded Member
I agree with Cooper, I have been using Reptisun 10.0 T5HO tubes, either 22" or 34", for years and years, and I have coupled them with Repashy Calcium Plus for years as well. No issues, excellent results, proper growth and great health.

susan1919

CooperDragon":2p03gw5o said:
A T8 tube doesn't put out a ton of UVB so using a D3 supplement is a good idea. A T5 at proper distance should be putting out UVB similar to sunlight so D3 supplement probably isn't needed. If in doubt you might try using a low dose D3 supplement like this https://www.amazon.com/Repashy-Calcium-Plus-LoD-Sizes/dp/B00DLJRMV2
CopperDragon would i use the Repashy-calcium-plus daily? I also have the T5 uvb..I am having to mix the rep-cal brands and i think this one might be easier..thanks

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I don't use D3 with my T5. Just plain calcium. A low dose D3 supplement shouldn't cause any issues though and you could go with the all in one. Just dust the bugs in a light even coat at every bug meal and you should be in good shape.

susan1919

EllenD":1t411vgl said:
I agree with Cooper, I have been using Reptisun 10.0 T5HO tubes, either 22" or 34", for years and years, and I have coupled them with Repashy Calcium Plus for years as well. No issues, excellent results, proper growth and great health.
How often should i use it for a 10 month old dragon Ellen? Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
New & NoClue
Top Bottom