Curious... Anyone else have crazy active dragons?

Status
Not open for further replies.

poofandmook

Hatchling Member
Brak spends most of his day doing laps. He'll run back and forth several times, then run up his hammock and leap from the top of it, then run back, jump to the top bar of his hammock from the ground, run down, up, back forth back forth.. All day. When he comes out he likes to play "the lizard running game"... We put him on the back of our overstuffed chair at one end... He runs all the way across and we catch him, then put him back at the start. He'll do it forever. He loves playing treadmill while I'm trying to give him his medicine, and during bath time he'll run up my arm and I'll have to grab him and put him back in the water, repeatedly. He LOVES. TO. RUN.

Anyone else have this with their juvies?

jducky18

Hatchling Member
Wow, that's impressive. I'm assuming his basking spot isn't too hot, but I've seen Hermes do the same thing the past couple days, it's new for him to do inside his tank, but when he's out, he'll sprint from one side of my room to the other, climb up anything he can (including trying to climb walls and desks) and then he'll sprint across my room and climb something else.

poofandmook

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
No. His temperatures are all fine.. 105 basking, 83 cool, 97 warm. He's been that way since the day I got him. In fact, when I held him at the pet store, he leapt from my hands onto the ground.

Don't get me wrong.. he will just stop and rest for a while, but he absolutely loves to run around and jump off things. And except for a mild and unavoidable case of MBD (he had no UVB for a week during Sandy) and a mild case of coccidia, he got a glowing bill of health from the vet on Saturday.

casper31

Hatchling Member
My dragon is completely mellow. But my son's is a nut!! He's super hyper. He does the same, runs laps, is all over the place. When you hold him he looks all around, turning his head so fast that we joke he has ADHD...lol He's a jumper, too. We really have to watch him and his body language when we walk around the house with him on our shoulder. He look around, find a place he wants to be and just jump! it scares the junk outta us, but we want to tame him down a bit and train him, so we make sure to carry him around. We call him the Ninja dragon LOL he leaps outta nowhere :)

wolfysluv

Hatchling Member
I had a dragon all year that was a pet rock. Wouldn't walk if you made him. This week, I wake up to an active hyper dragon. He does morning laps too. I have no earthly idea why my dragon changed.
Can they change over night like that? If so whats the reasoning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoseofChaos
Top Bottom