Curing Rocks

Status
Not open for further replies.

MiChEaL

I want to add some little rocks in my beardies cage but I don't know how to cure them. I was thinking 350-400 F for about 30 min in the oven? Would that be good enough to kill anything living on the rocks? Any help is appreciated. THANKS :mrgreen:

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
You want to be careful about heating rocks because they can split or explode depending on the type and if there are air pockets inside. It's best just to clean the surface. Wash them with some soap and hot water and soak them in some F10SC for 10-20 min and then rinse them off and they should be fine.

Andres07

To be honest with you. To keep it simple and organic. Get a scrub. Run hot warm water. And scrub them really well. A beaded dragon lives in the wild and in the wild nooe cleans the rocks for them and they do just fine. But to be safe just wash them and scrub them until you feel they are clean.

ruben0311

Juvie Member
Yes, try not to bake rocks as if the moisture content inside is high they can fracture or possibly explode. just use hot water and some antibacterial soap (just incase there are any nasties on them). you want to scrub them so any parasites or microbes are taken care of. plus you also dont know what kind of chemicals have gotten onto those rocks to always a good choice to do a cleaning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kiricowell
Top Bottom