crust-like substance in vent? + picture!

Status
Not open for further replies.
so, I let Sully play around this morning while I cleaned his tank. however, when I picked him up from his little romp with my bedsheets, I noticed that he had this bit of... something in his vent. it looks like this:
o86uqq.jpg

basically, after I got back from some shopping, I gave him a bath to see if it would come out in the water or something. (the picture was taken after his bath so obviously, it did not come out.) I looked around to see what it was, got either prolapse or seminal plug in my search results. Sully is a boy (I checked him very, very thoroughly this evening to make sure), so I'm kind of thinking seminal plug? mostly because it's not bloody and it doesn't seem to be bothering him at all, he didn't get upset when I was looking at it and touching around it.

so, if it's a seminal plug, is there anything I have to do for it, or should I just let it alone? and if I'm wrong and it's a prolapse, what should I do for that, too?

if you need a quick run-down of his tank, he's in a 40 gal, high temp is about 100-105, basking is ~105-110, cool side is ~80-85. he's on flat paper towel substrate, eats regularly every day, and he's going to be a year old in July.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there....it's definitely not a prolapse, you would see red tissue of either a hemipene or rectal tissue. It is probably a seminal plug and should work it's way out. If it protrudes a bit further but doesn't fall out, you can give a warm bath + gently try to dislodge it, but it should eventually come out. He should be fine.

absolutelycancerous

Original Poster
oh man, thanks so much! I was freaking out the whole day that he was sickly or something. you totally put my worried mind to rest, thanks! :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dobby2012
Top Bottom