Crushing BSFL and adding to critical care?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBeard9789

Sub-Adult Member
Hey guys I happened to order a bit to many BSFL I was wondering if I could crush them up and use them with my female's diet (critical care herbivore syringe feeding). I'm wondering if the BSFL will have too much calcium combined with the Herbivore critical care I'm currently feeding her 5ml 1 time a day every 2 days. I know from what i read a beardie can eat 15 BSFL a day every other day but that's alone and not including critical care

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Hey guys I happened to order a bit to many BSFL I was wondering if I could crush them up and use them with my female's diet (critical care herbivore syringe feeding). I'm wondering if the BSFL will have too much calcium combined with the Herbivore critical care I'm currently feeding her 5ml 1 time a day every 2 days. I know from what i read a beardie can eat 15 BSFL a day every other day but that's alone and not including critical care
@AHBD

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Yes, sure you can. Extra calcium is not harmful. Is your girl sickly that you're syringe feeding her ?

Beansbanana

Hatchling Member
Just curious about the 15 bsfl every other day? I was wondering where you heard that? My dragon probably eats 10-20 a day, maybe I should cut back.

TheBeard9789

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Yes, sure you can. Extra calcium is not harmful. Is your girl sickly that you're syringe feeding her ?
She suddenly stopped eating and she was at maybe 280G and under a year old or so and I was advised to syringe feed her 3 times a day and now her weight has sky rocketed to 565G over the coming months. So now I'm doing it less and less sense she is at a good weight and kinda do the "if she is hungry she will eventually eat her bugs/greens" bc she is stubborn. Though she has had her days where I been able to give her worms and she has eaten them.

NOTE:The hard black BSFL is also ok? They are in their cocoon not pupa anymore

Last edited:

TheBeard9789

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Just curious about the 15 bsfl every other day? I was wondering where you heard that? My dragon probably eats 10-20 a day, maybe I should cut back.
10-15 but that's older beardies like my Chubbs (male)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220107-130624.jpg
    Screenshot_20220107-130624.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 104
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fortin28
Top Bottom